Michelle R. Suskauer
Michelle R. Suskauer is President of The Florida Bar and a criminal defense attorney at Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A., in West Palm Beach.
Suskauer has been practicing in Palm Beach County since 1991, with a focus in criminal law in both state and federal courts. She is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized in the annual Florida Super Lawyers Magazine as one of Florida’s top criminal defense attorneys and by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” in its annual statewide poll of attorneys. Suskauer is actively involved in the leadership of numerous local and state legal organizations.
She has served on The Florida Bar Board of Governors for the 15th Judicial Circuit since 2010. She is past chair of the BOG’s Disciplinary Review Committee, the Communications Committee and the 2013 Annual Convention of The Florida Bar Committee. She has served as Chair of board’s Strategic Planning Committee and the Executive Committee for the past four years.
Suskauer is past-president of the Palm Beach County Bar Association and the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Palm Beach County Chapter, and she currently is president of the Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County.
Professionally, Suskauer is a nationally known legal analyst who regularly appears on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, NBC, and CNBC. She has made hundreds of television appearances, including on such shows as “The O’Reilly Factor,” “The Abrams Report,” “The Today Show,” “Good Morning America,” “NBC Nightly News,” “Hannity & Colmes,” “Nancy Grace,” “Anderson Cooper 360” and “The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch.” Suskauer is also the legal analyst for Palm Beach County’s NBC affiliate, WPTV NewsChannel 5; its Fox affiliate, WFLX 29; and 1290 WJNO and 850 WFTL.
Suskauer began her legal career as an assistant public defender in West Palm Beach and practiced with her husband at Suskauer Law Firm, P.A. for 18 years before joining Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A.
She is married to Palm Beach County Circuit Court Judge Scott I. Suskauer, and they have two daughters: Talia, 22, and Rebecca, 19.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Violence
- DUI Offenses
- Juvenile Offenses
- Narcotics Offenses
- Sexual Offenses
- Violent Offenses
- White Collar Crimes
- Federal Offenses
- Florida, 1991
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Science Communications – June, 1988
- The American University, Washington D.C.
- Juris Doctor – June, 1991
Honors and Awards
- 2018 “FastCase 50” Honoree
- 2017 Woman of the Year, South Palm Beach County Women Lawyers Association
- The Daily Business Review 2017 Top 10 Women in Law
- Serving Justice Award, Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- The Justice Barbara Pariente Award, FAWL, Palm Beach County
- Leader in the Law, FAWL, Palm Beach County
- Woman of Grace Award, 2016
- Women in Power Award, National Conference of Jewish Women
- Character Counts Award, School District, Palm Beach County
- Florida Super Lawyers 2009-Present
- Florida Legal Elite
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, President, 2017-Present
- The Florida Bar Board of Governors, 15th Judicial Circuit 2010-2017
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member, 1991-Present
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member, 1991-Present
- Craig S. Barnard American Inns of Court
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Florida Delegate, ABA House of Delegates 2017-present
- Past President, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Past President, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Palm Beach County
Past Employment Positions
- Suskauer Feuer, LLC, 2016-2017
- Suskauer Law Firm, P.A., 1997-2016
- Schuler, Wilkerson, Halvorson & Williams, P.A., 1994-97
- Office of the Public Defender, 15th Judicial Circuit, 1991-94
Pro Bono Activities
- President, Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society Palm Beach County
- Past Vice-President, A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts Theater Parents Association
- Past Vice-Chair, Bak Middle School of the Arts Foundation
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.