Scott M. Dimond
Scott M. Dimond was born May 3, 1968 in Falls Church, Virginia. A graduate of Ransom Everglades High School in Coconut Grove, Florida, Mr. Dimond received his B.A. with distinction from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Dimond graduated from Columbia University School of Law in 1993, where he received honors in all three years of matriculation.
From 1993 until 1999, Mr. Dimond was employed by Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in Miami, Florida, where he was involved in all aspects of a national complex-commercial-litigation practice.
In April 1999, Mr. Dimond joined the firm of Hanzman & Criden, P.A., a well-respected litigation boutique located in Coral Gables, Florida, where he was named a partner in January 2002. At that firm, Mr. Dimond focused his practice on the areas of general commercial litigation, claimant-side securities arbitration, and plaintiff-side class-action litigation.
Mr. Dimond serves as Chair of the Southern District of Florida Local Rules Committee. He has served as Chair of the Florida Bar Rules of Judicial Administration Committee and Chair of the Sealed Docket and Court Records Subcommittee. Mr. Dimond is a past Vice-Chair of the Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee, a past Chair of the Civil Procedure Rules Drafting Sub-Committee, and past Chair of the Miami-Dade County Federal Court Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Securities Arbitration and Litigation
- Plaintiff-Side Class Action Litigation
- Debtor and Creditor Rights Litigation
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1993
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- Juris Doctor – May, 1993
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Law Journal: Journal of Law and Social Problems
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts – 1990
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Intermediate Honors
- Honors: Raven Society
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
- Honors: Lawn Resident
- Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters)
- Major: Government and Foreign Affairs
- Minor: Spanish
Honors and Awards
- “Top Lawyer” by the South Florida Legal Guide every year since 2007
- Florida Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite” every year since 2006
- Superlawyer by Law and Politics magazine from 2008-present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Southern District of Florida Local Rules Committee, 2010 – Present; Chair, 2014 – Present
- Florida Bar: Rules of Judicial Administration Committee, Member, 2006-2010, Sealed Dockets Subcommittee Chair, 2008-2009, Vice Chair, 2007-2008, Chair 2008-2009
- Florida Bar: Civil Procedure Rules Committee, Member, 2000 -2006, Chair, Drafting Subcommittee, 2004-2005, Vice Chair, 2005 – 2006
- Florida Bar: Federal Courts Practice Committee, 2011 – 2014
- Dade County Bar Association: Federal Courts Committee, 2008-2011, Vice Chair 2008-2009, Chair 2009 – 2011
- Dade County Bar Association: Business Outreach Committee, Vice Chair, 2012 – 2013
- Southern District of Florida Bench & Bar Conference Committee, 2008 – Present
- Educate Tomorrow, Board of Directors, 2006 – Present
- Ransom Everglades Alumni Board, Member, 2002 – 2011
- Arbitrator – NAM (National Arbitration & Mediation) Inc.
Past Employment Positions
- Hanzman & Criden, P.A., Partner, 1999 – 2003
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Associate, 1993 – 1999
- conversational Spanish
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.